Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Search  Latest images  Register  Log in  

Sticks and Stones

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lucascampbell

lucascampbell

Sticks and Stones Empty
PostSubject: Sticks and Stones   Sticks and Stones Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:49 pm

My latest blog about the old saying: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me."

http://macphisto-thefly.blogspot.com/2009/08/sticks-and-stones.html
Back to top Go down
http://macphisto-thefly.blogspot.com/
jammieg001

Sticks and Stones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticks and Stones   Sticks and Stones Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:26 am

I've been thinking a lot about this recently, just how much of one's life is determined by their will power to overcome the will of what others want us to be, what society wants us to be? There have been many experiments showing that the way others see us has a strong impact on how we see ourselves...And how much of what ill will we send out toward others imprisons oneself? Worse yet is that most of the "names" people call us are never said directly but rather suggested in a subconscious way we probably are rarely aware of. Just what is will power and how can that be made stronger? What is being hinted on here could be the most important and underestimated aspect of free thinking of being an individual of getting what one wants out of life rather than living in quiet desperation...
I don't know the answers but the way I deal with it is I don't try to tear other people down firstly unless it's constructive, and keep good karma, and when I perceive they wish to tear me down, I just imagine they intend the opposite, seems to work, I can't explain it it's just a mind game get better results with practice.
Back to top Go down

Sticks and Stones
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Philosophy and Spirituality :: Knowledge and Wisdom-
Jump to: